Why Choose Ponoka?
- Affordable quality living & relaxed lifestyle
- Nestled in the beautiful Battle River Valley with plenty of paved trails, parks and green spaces
- Central Highway 2 location less than an hour to the Edmonton International Airport
- High speed fibre optic internet – work from home with ease
- Historic, picturesque downtown
- Proud home of the Ponoka Stampede – Canada’s largest seven-day pro rodeo
- Quality health care hub with a general hospital, medical clinic and the internationally recognized Centennial Centre for Mental Health and Brain Injury
- Tax breaks & cash incentives for new residents
Take advantage of our Tax Breaks & Cash Incentive Program and start planning your move to Ponoka!
10 Top Reasons to Live in Ponoka
Affordable living and a relaxed lifestyle
Build or buy your dream home at a much more affordable price than in the city, and enjoy all the advantages of our relaxed, small town lifestyle.
Centrally located just off Highway 2
Less than an hour to the Edmonton International Airport.
Rodeo hub of Alberta
Ponoka is the proud home of the Ponoka Stampede, Canada’s largest seven-day pro rodeo. Grab your cowboy hat and enjoy the thrill of watching world-class rodeo, including bull riding, roping and chuck wagon events! And don’t miss the star-studded concerts on the mainstage!For more reasons to live in Ponoka, watch our video!