Why Choose Ponoka?
- Affordable quality living and a relaxed lifestyle.
- Buy your dream home or commercial property for much less than in the city! Lots cost less too, so building a new dream home or business is also more affordable in Ponoka!
- A great place to relocate or expand your business.
- Centrally located just off Highway 2 within an hour’s drive to Edmonton and Red Deer (about 40 minutes).
- High-speed fibre optic internet – work from home with ease.
- Historic, picturesque downtown.
- Nestled in the beautiful Battle River Valley with plenty of paved trails, parks and green spaces.
- Proud home of the Ponoka Stampede – Canada’s largest seven-day pro rodeo.
- Quality health care hub with a general hospital, medical clinic and the internationally recognized Centennial Centre for Mental Health and Brain Injury.
- New resident and business incentives.
Take advantage of our New Resident and Business Incentive Programs and start planning your move to Ponoka!
Top Reasons to Live and Grow Your Business in Ponoka
Affordable living and a relaxed lifestyle
Buy your dream home or commercial property at a much more affordable price than in the city, and enjoy all the advantages of our relaxed, small town lifestyle.
Centrally located just off Highway 2
Less than an hour to the Edmonton International Airport.
Rodeo hub of Alberta
Ponoka is the proud home of the Ponoka Stampede, Canada’s largest seven-day pro rodeo. Grab your cowboy hat and enjoy the thrill of watching world-class rodeo, including bull riding, roping and chuckwagon events! And don’t miss the star-studded concerts on the mainstage!Watch our video!